Perspectives on...   Cooking  >    Confrontations  >    Crafts  >   Graphic Design  >   Photography  >   Weight Loss   |    Home

Wednesday, May 26, 2010

Portable High Chair?

I have never heard of such a thing, but i immediately thought it could be quite useful!  Derrick and I seem to always find ourselves in places that don't have high chairs during mealtimes and Katelyn just can't be trusted in a chair on her own.  So, you know what that means:  Daddy is holding baby (and getting covered in baby food) while Mommy feeds the kiddo.  Tough luck for Daddy!

I stumbled across this idea for a fabric portable "high chair" yesterday and knew instantly I wanted to try it out.  There wasn't really a pattern so I just sortof winged it, helped along by a few measurements from the original blogger.  I didn't realize until after mine was cut and the first piece sewn that she had given finished dimensions so mine is about .5" smaller in all directions than hers but my baby's younger, so hopefully it won't matter.



We have a lunch meeting today and that will be our first try!  My biggest concern is that I feel safe with her in it.  I'm not looking to be able to walk off while she's in it, but I want to know that she can't turn over or slide out either.  She's already very active and I want to make sure she is safe!  Other than that, I'm curious how many types of chairs it will work on.  Already I know it has to have some kind of slits/slots/etc or it won't work.  You could theoretically make the waist strap long enough that it would wrap all the way around, but it would have to be pretty long!

One convenient thing about it is it's ability to fold up for convenient storage in the diaper bag.  Folds down to about the size of a diaper!

Anyway, here are the pics!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Leave me some love!