Perspectives on...   Cooking  >    Confrontations  >    Crafts  >   Graphic Design  >   Photography  >   Weight Loss   |    Home

Tuesday, June 15, 2010

Crawl Buddy

When Katelyn started crawling yesterday I immediately started thinking of toys that would help her develop her new-found skill.  So I started sewing...
a simple idea, but so far it's working like a charm.  The "Crawl Buddy!"  She has been chasing this thing all around the house today... very slowly, but nonetheless, it's accomplishing its goal:  to encourage her to crawl more.  A really simple concept, it's 8 strips of coordinating fabrics sewn together to form an open-ended cylinder.  With my husband's help, I calculated the dimensions for the two end caps and sewed them in place including a handle on one end (for easy toting up and down the stairs) and taggies on the other, leaving room for turning.  I stuffed it to a pretty until it was pretty firm and hid a noise-maker in the middle (a small plastic box with buttons inside to make noise).  Tada!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Leave me some love!