Perspectives on...   Cooking  >    Confrontations  >    Crafts  >   Graphic Design  >   Photography  >   Weight Loss   |    Home

Friday, November 19, 2010

100th & 2nd

It's time to celebrate - I have hit my 100th post on this blog!  Yay!

Baby J's Gig 'Em Quilt

Our dear friends, J & T, are expecting their first child in January.  I almost had a heart attack when, after 3 consecutive weeks of missing church for one reason or another, I found out her shower was in one week!


I had so many plans for lovely things I wanted to make for Baby J... but the one non-negotiable was a quilt with these gorgeous fabrics I had been stashing away!  It would be my second completed quilt this year!  His nursery is being decorated with A&M theme so I wanted to stick with that color palette - I tried to have "pretty" fabrics without getting too girly for a little boy's quilt.
 I chose a ragged edge square quilt, which I had seen on this blog.  I loved how soft and touchable it was and thought that would be perfect for a baby.  Once I had the top pieced, I laid it on the floor to snap a pic, but before I could get my camera, Katelyn had found it and "claimed" it as her own!  Guess she approved of the colors and fabrics!
 This is the only pic I have of the quilt in its almost-finished state.  I forgot to take one of the fully quilted blanket before I wrapped it - our friends live close by, though, so I'm going to get a pic in the next few days/weeks.  :)
All in all, I LOVED the finished product and, hopefully, they did too!

1 comment:

  1. Of course we loved it! Thank you sooooooooo much! I can't wait for Josiah to use it! Love you friend!

    ReplyDelete

Leave me some love!