Perspectives on...   Cooking  >    Confrontations  >    Crafts  >   Graphic Design  >   Photography  >   Weight Loss   |    Home

Thursday, October 28, 2010

A Party Fit for a Princess

I am long overdue for posting pics and details on Katelyn's first bday party, but better late than never! I was super pre-prepared for her party, so that makes up for my tardiness in blogging about it, right???



I didn't have an official theme - my awesome sister bought Katelyn a really cute birthday outfit that we loved, so I planned the party to match her outfit.  Lot's of pinks, yellows, and greens.  For snacks, I served fruit skewers of watermelon, pineapple, and strawberry bits; marshmallows dipped in chocolate; frosted animal crackers (because they are pink); and my special treat was popcorn with 4 different flavored toppings:  pizza, cajun, cinnamon sugar (the most popular, by far), and plain salt.

For decorations, I mostly made things by hand or used items from around our house or that were important in Katelyn's first year.  Many thanks to the following folks for posting great tutorials FREE online for me to find and use:

Katelyn's Birthday Crown (which she wore for a total of 3 seconds):  Juicy Bits
Giant Pom Poms:  Katydid & Kid
Pinwheels:  Leslie Tryon
Happy Birthday Banner:  Katydid & Kid

If I have forgotten any, I am very sorry!  I started working on the decorations about a month before the party so I would have enough time to get everything finished.  It was alot of fun, especially without the stress of doing it all last minute.  Things I pulled from around the house where:  the lamp from her bedroom, the quilt I made for her that hangs in her room, I used one of her canvas bins to give the cake a little extra height (not that it needed it!), various serving pieces, a beautiful, giant pink diamond from her Granny, and some crystal baby trinkets that were used at one of my showers.

All in all, it was a very special, relaxing day with family and friends - Katelyn had a great time and so did we! And now... a few pictures:

No comments:

Post a Comment

Leave me some love!