Perspectives on...   Cooking  >    Confrontations  >    Crafts  >   Graphic Design  >   Photography  >   Weight Loss   |    Home

Friday, September 23, 2011

Don't Worry...

... Be happy, mon!  This oh-so-happy hat is my latest completed crochet project and is now for sale in my "shop" to the first person to claim it!  Click read more for all the specs!



Size:  22.5" circumference, will stretch an additional 1-2"
Cost:  $20 shipped

Today was a fantastically calm day for me and the kiddo.  Daddy had a meeting out of town that was to last aaaaallllll day so Baby K and I decided to stay home instead of tagging along like we would normally have done.  So after he left at the crack of dawn (for normal folks, that's a little before 7am) we slept in for another hour and took the day off, which meant lots of movies for her and lots of crocheting for me.

The crochet part of my day didn't begin on such a high note... I've been working on a gorgeous shell design hat for little girls and finally decided I must have something wrong this morning and frogged (rip-it, rip-it) the whole thing a little before lunch.  After weighing my options for re-starting the Shell Hat, I opted for working on something new for a while.  Well, "a while" turned into my project for the rest of the day.  I cranked out most of the hat while the kiddo was napping (in addition to watch this fabulous documentary on Origami - anyone else want to take it up with me???) and was close to done by the time the hubby wandered home this evening.  Overall I'm pleased with the final turnout, hopeful that I can sell it, and mostly just grateful for a relaxing day of doing something I love after a week of craziness!

2 comments:

  1. Mary (Mem) Daniel DuckworthOctober 25, 2011 at 7:55 AM

    Cute as a button. Great job! Sold it yet? Your Mom and I went to High School together. That's how I found your blog. I crochet and knit. Lots of pics of my projects on FB. I don't sell my work, I give to loved ones.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi! Thank you so much :) No, this one is still for sale. Were you at mom's reunion a weekend or so ago?

    ReplyDelete

Leave me some love!