Perspectives on...   Cooking  >    Confrontations  >    Crafts  >   Graphic Design  >   Photography  >   Weight Loss   |    Home

Thursday, March 11, 2010

My First Ami-Doll

I have really been enjoying learning to crochet new things - since the new year I think I have made 5 or 6 crocheted hats for kids. And I've been looking at info online about making amigurumi for some time now, but haven't had any luck with the few small projects I've attempted. (I tried a small bird for Katelyn's room and a miniature elephant once awhile back.) I was, however, pleased with a couple of larger pieces I did: a weiner dog and a lion.  (I'll try to get pictures of those up soon.)

So I decided to start a new large project...

It's the most complex one I've attempted to date:  my first Ami-Doll! I am really excited to see how she turns out! In this picture, you can loosely see how she will be put together even though I've only got the head shape with eyes and one leg finished. :)  When she is done, she will have a fully embroidered face, long hair, and a cute shirt and shorts!  She's got the feel of a Japanese anime character with oversized feet and I just love her!


FYI:  The pattern is loosely based off this doll.

1 comment:

  1. I had never heard of this type of doll until you told me about it; I am anxious to see the finished product. Two of your talents will see you through this project - your talent and your sense of commitment. Keep us posted as you work. Mom :~)

    ReplyDelete

Leave me some love!